One of Knight Frank’s core professional services to clients is to provide advice on sustainability and environmental management in connection with existing buildings, new developments, proposed refurbishment projects and fitout projects.
In particular, we are heavily involved with some of the key rating schemes which exist in Australia, including:
- Green Star – which seeks to provide a rating for a potential outcome (a ‘design’ rating) and an ‘as built’ rating;
- NABERS – which provides building owners and occupiers with a rating based on the actual performance of a building or premises, and;
- BEEC – which is a requirement under the Building Energy Efficiency Disclosure Act 2010, and uses the NABERS rating scheme.
Knight Frank has in house Accredited Green Star, NABERS and CBD/BEEC professionals, and we have advised numerous clients on sustainability issues as well as providing accredited ratings on individual properties and large portfolios.
We also advise our clients on financial packages which may be available to subsidise capital expenditure projects which bring about environmental benefits, such as:
- Environmental Upgrade Agreements (EUA’s)
- Green Building Fund projects
- Energy Saving Scheme (ESS)
The real estate industry is constantly adapting to environmental issues, and there are a multitude of financing structures and subsidies which can provide a significant benefit to owners and occupiers of commercial property.
Knight Frank seeks to be at the forefront in our understanding of sustainability in a real estate context, and in our ability to develop strategies which can deliver tangible benefits to our clients.